Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Reading....

 The last few weeks have been super busy again. Seems like we are always on the go. Finally today I had to stop and be home for a while. I have been told that I need to learn to say no. Today I had lots of practice. I told three people no when they called and asked of things for me today. Mind you one of them I really wanted to do but I think I have reached my limit this week and needed some home time. Time to catch up around here. I had no extra kids today (have had extra kids any time I was home lately) , no appointments until after school today, and no homework due today. We have Bronson's school almost done for the day, got lots of laundry done, floors swept and mopped, and kitchen cleaned. Makes me feel much better. We have some windows open and some Matthew West playing. Makes for a happy me. Here is a look at the books I am reading right now.
I do believe Dalton is way ahead of me in reading this year, but I have had a lot of reading with school so I am a little behind. We both keep lists of the books we read each year. I usually win because  he looses his list. This book, What Every Man Whishes His Father Had Told Him, I decided to read because Dalton and my dad had both read it and just thought it was really good. My dad encouraged me to read it and not really look at it from the name. I have just started it so I am not sure about it yet. I have also had Emery begin reading it with me. I try to read books that will help me with this task of raising 5 boys. Sometimes I wonder if maybe God made a mistake, expecting me to raise them on my own. (For the majority of the time) Then I realize this was HIS plan. I only hope to raise them in a way that would please God. Trust me I fail often,  but I am so thankful for the days he allows me to be these boys mom.
This book is more just for fun. I like reading the book and then watching the movie so I plan to rent this when done. I love taking time out during the day where Bronson and I just have reading time. He is reading Brisinger. Dalton read this series and has gotten Bronson started on it. I still have a stack of books and a "stack" on my kindle to make my way through. This homework stuff sure takes away from my reading time. I have made it half way through this quarter and I can tell you I kind of overdid it this time. I won't be taking this large of a class load again. It's is nice getting a big chunk out of the way but I feel like I am constantly thinking of school work. Thankfully its going well. I get overwhelmed when I think about how long this will take me and that I am not even half way there yet. I am taking baby steps though and making progress. I encourage anyone that feels they could not do school, to try it. It does give you a sense of accomplishment and pushes you to work on the assignments. This never was even a goal of mine but I am so excited to be working towards a degree.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment