Thursday, March 27, 2014

Some random thinking



As I was washing dishes and getting dinner started this morning, I was going thinking through what needed to be done today. I just started thinking of how great God has been to this family of mine. Yesterday I traded in my van and purchased a newer van. I was thinking how that mini van that I had purchased a year and a half ago was my first big purchase on my own after the divorce. I was so thankful of that accomplishment. It was an oldie but served us very well. I had little trouble with it. We worked hard to keep it clean and wash it weekly. It paid off in that I actually made a little money when I sold it. I was able to purchase a newer car with many new exciting features. Including my favorite - the radio controls on the steering wheel and the boys favorite - a tv and dvd player as well as wireless headphones and a remote control. I love that I was able to pay cash and provide us with a nicer vehicle. Another step in this single life journey. Ok so back to my thinking of how God has blessed us and taken care of us and I realized I don't just want to be thankful. I want to be a good steward of what God has given us. I want the boys to realize my wanting them to help out and keep things clean is not just so we have a clean and organized home but also to show our thanks to God who has given us all things. I know I will still fail, I can not possibly keep my home clean at all times (hello I have 5 boys) but it  was just a great way of thinking and encouraging myself to keep up in training the boys as well as being grateful for all we have. It seems I have grown so much in learning to be thankful for things. I have come to appreciate Gods blessings in my life in a deeper way then I use to. I thank God for working in my life in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment