Friday, December 20, 2013

Finals for us all

This past week was final week. All 6 of us got our classes wrapped up and done with. Dalton had a pretty easy final week with very short days. Emery had a few test but not a lot. Bronson (home schooled) took a test that he had taken back in July and he has improved more then a grade in math. This makes me happy as this is one of the areas he is behind in. Carter and Atley's final week was full of concerts and a meeting. My finals included one test and one paper. I was pretty nervous of my final grade and even had a dream that I received a F on my final paper. I was very happy to find that was not the case. I finished the quarter and even made the Deans list. Not to brag but I am very happy about this and want others to know if I can do this, so can you. Next quarter will be a much fuller schedule as I will be going with 13.5 credits. This quarter I only took 9 and my fist quarter was only 4.5 credits. Nervous that it may be to much but excited to keep going with my education. The picture above is the boys on the evening I needed to finish writing my paper. I told the boys it was gaming night so mom could study. Funny there was no complaints. They have been so great in helping when I need the study time and encourage me with my grades. I love setting an example that you can accomplish things even when you doubted yourself. I have to admit I am very ready for this break for all of us. No school, no homework, no spelling, no awanas, no early morning school drop offs. Just time to be a family. I have some fun things planned starting tonight with a drive to look at Christmas lights. I have cookies and hot chocolate with marshmallows ready for a relaxing drive through the town. Looking forward to some time with my 5 guys.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're going to school and trying to get a degree. I do wonder though if you shouldn't pick a different field to go into. With your panic and anxiety attacks how are you going to be able to teach a class? Then I also wonder if you know that with your criminal record you won't be able to each, might consider changing degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Rude much?? Obviously you do not know Stephanie well enough to know all of the things she has overcome in the past year, the things she has accomplished, and all of the great things she will continue to do. With the support of her friends and family. Shame on you Steph Gold, whoever you are, to discourage Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also wondering what purpose your comment served other than to be mean? We teach our children how to THINK when they speak. Allow me to enlighten you...

    Is it TRUE?
    Is it HELPFUL?
    Is it INSPIRING?
    Is it NECESSARY?
    Is it KIND?

    Hmm...might want to THINK twice before posting your negative comments here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my panic and anxiety left when my husband did. The awesome thing is I do not have to answer to you or anyone else, God knows my heart, my goals, and my plans. I only hope to live a life pleasing to Him.

    ReplyDelete