Friday, January 24, 2014

Newest family member

The boys and I still have moments that we are so sad we had to get rid of our dog when we moved. I have been trying to decide what kind of animal we could do here. I am allergic to cats so no cats, I don't know about hamsters, rats, gerbils, they remind me to much of little mice and well they gross me out. No offense to you that have them I just don't think they where for me, not to mention not sure if my allergies would act up to these animals. I also didn't want any smell. So Dalton, Bronson, and I headed to the pet store. We where just checking out some options. I was leaning towards a turtle.


We met a lady there, we now call her the dragon lady. She was very helpful on different animals. (she was working there) She brought out her own, full grown, bearded dragon. Bronson held it. I asked some questions but was sold when she told me that you can put a leash on them. Can you see me in the summer, sitting on the grass with a book and beside me my leashed bearded dragon. haha sounds totally fun. So we went home and told the other boys about it. The boys quickly jumped on board. All but Emery, he is not an animal lover. They began to save their money thinking of ways they could earn some. We found out that "the dragon lady" had some of her own that she sales and they are half the price of the ones in the store.

So last night we headed to the store to get all the things we would need. I could not believe that I was getting a reptile that would have me feeding crickets in a "bug house". But the boys where so excited and I just wanted them to have this. They have been through so many changes and this was something fun I could do for them.
Bronson and I where home doing school today when the dragon was delivered. We are getting use to just how to hold it. The boys have named it pascal. I have decided to just call it PJ. I still have not purchased that leash, will wait tell it gets bigger but don't worry, this thing will be seen outside with us this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment