Sunday, February 2, 2014

Souper Week

This week we had a "souper week!" Each night we had some kind of soup for dinner. Monday was a very crazy busy day here and it ends with a soccer game in the evening so I was very simple in making a beef stew. I love this in that you can just throw in some veggies you have on hand. I don't use a recipe just added beef broth, cooked ground beef, carrots, potatoes, split peas, celery, and onions. This is actually a hit here. I served this with some cut up fruit.

On Tuesday one of my favorite soups: chicken pot pie soup. This recipe was shared by a friend and can be found herehttp://www.shugarysweets.com/2013/04/chicken-pot-pie-soup.
 
I do not add the pie crust but served it with breadsticks. I also add carrots. We had company this evening and they enjoyed this soup as well. Yummy!!!! 

Wednesday we have a tradition of dinner with my parents. About a year ago I had a class to take on Wednesday evenings and my mom was able to feed my kids and get them to awanas for me. When I was done with the class my boys wanted to continue Wednesday evenings with grandma. I told mom we were having a souper week and she was happy to carry on with her creamy chicken noodle soup. I do not know the recipe but I do know it is really good. I love when my mom makes this dinner for us.

On Thursday we had  Baked potato soup. This is a pinterest recipe found here.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/149955862566565549/  I loved this topped with bacon and green onions. Adding of course cheese. My boys do not like that I add cream cheese to this recipe but I love that. I don't think they would have noticed but it was not totally melted. This time I only added half the cream cheese and told them I compromised with them. They seemed good with that.
 

Friday night the boys went with their dad for and Dalton was working so I did one for lunch,  I am not sure the boys would have ate this. I don't really let them decide they wont eat something but if I know that most would not like it I just don't really make it for them.  I tried a chicken and white bean chili. I added cheese to it. It was pretty good.
 
Saturday the boys didn't come home tell after dinner and I came down with the stomach flu so there was not really any cooking or eating going on here. It is Sunday and I do have a basic chicken noodle soup simmering in the crockpot right now. I still am a littler nervous eating so its just a plain chicken broth, carrots, onion, chicken, and egg noodles.
 
It was a great week of soup. I love the soups that I can put in the crock pot and have dinner ready. What a great time of year for warm soup also. Nothing warms the house and soul like nice warm soup on a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment