Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dancing shoes, bow ties, flowers, and fun (other wise known as prom)

 Daltons jr prom 2013
Although Dalton did not attend his prom at Northeast this year, he did attend the lincoln high prom with Jodi. We (ok Dalton and everyone else he talked to) decided that his suit would be just fine, no need to rent a tux. So we headed to the store to spiff it up a bit. We added a vest, of course a bow tie, new shoes and tada a absoultly handsome man. I literally lost my breath when he came walking up to show me. When did my little boy become so grown up? I guess I must have blinked. I invited the soon to be ex husband and his mother over to take some pictures and see Dalton before he left. It was kind of a big step for me having them at my house but I felt they really should see this hunk of a man i have here.
 Then Emery, Bronson, and I followed Dalton to pick up his date. This was all planned out so we could do pictures and come on who doesnt want their mom to tag along to pick up thier date? He was a great sport about it.


 His date: miss jodi wheat. Whom we have known since she was
just a few days old. We have pictures of the two of them together at 7 months old. They have grown up at church together. Spending almost every Sunday in class together. I love the friendship they have. If the Lord would ever see for it to be more.... well this mom would be ok with it. wink wink. She came down the stiars and again caught my breath, she looked amazing. So beautiful and the best thing, I know Jodi is beautiful inside and out.

Jodi's parents knew of a place close to their house for picutre taking. It was so much fun. Dalton and Jodi both acted like the other would bite if they got to close upon which Dalton pointed out its not Jodi that he is afraid of biting but her father, Kevin who was near by. There was many jokes about his gun collection. I love that Dalton has a deep respect (um some might call it fear lol) of his dates father. He realizes that she is a precious thing to him and that he needs to honor her father and his wishes.

It was a little strange for me, being the one to remind Dalton to open doors and treat her like a lady. I want to have his father there to teach him and even more importan show him. But I am reminded that Dalton and all his brothers and well all of us have a heavenly Father that will NEVER leave us or forsake us. He will teach us all we need to know about treating well..... everyone.

1 comment:

  1. This party wear ties look stunning and unique. I must say that tie as an accessory for men have the power of re-defining the whole look of a man.

    Discount Bowties for Prom

    ReplyDelete