Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blessed beyond measure

 Brotherly love: The boys are loving our new neighborhood. They have some great neighbors here. One of our neighbors has two small, older dogs. She lets us take these dogs for walks whenever we want. This has greatly helped the boys who miss our dog Walter so much. The dogs love the boys and get so excited to see us. They even come over to the house, like they are asking where are the boys? Thank you Lord for the blessing of great neighbors. We have already made some bonds here with these people and I realize God hand picked these neighbors just for us. 

 So the other day we where enjoying playing around the neighborhood, when I realized boys sure do play different then girls. haha. while I grew up lining up my "babies" on the couch, (airplane) and toting around dolls and diaper bags, boys are rough and tough. Yup this was the scene on the street that day. Should I be concerned? kinda looks like Bronson had the upper hand hugh?
 FYI : the unmowed grass is not our yard lol. Love the life of a mom of boys.

Monday was a nice day, I got done at work before the kids got out of school so I packed us a lunch and picked up the boys. We headed to the library and then off to the park. It was so nice. I spent some time calling each boy over to just sit and chat with me. Beings there is 5 of them and 1 of me, the one on one time can sometime be hard to find. I loved these few minutes with each one. We talked of the struggles they where facing and I even made them discuss FEELING! another thing I find so different between boys and girls. Yup they don't want to talk about it. But I found it was helpful for them to express some things that they are dealing with. This may have to be a new event for us.
 Dalton and I took a date night this week, we went to the new iron man movie. I was so impressed with my date. He opened doors for me and was very kind. We had a great time. Yup that's a date I will never turn down. I think its great practice for teaching boys how to treat a woman on a real date. Another event we may need to make a habit. Wow that's 5 dates for me. That will keep me busy and 1 happy lady:)
 Mothers day 2013: actually this is the night before mothers day. We have had a rough few days. I ended up taking Emery to the er as Friday night he was having a lot of trouble breathing, feeling very week, felt like his throat was closing up and had a very strange cough going on. We ended up being there until 5 am (mind you I had been up since 5 am the day before and I had to be to work at 6 am) They put Emery on an inhaler and where not real sure what was causing all this. His oxygen was low and his lungs sounded restricted. We went home where I caught a little nap and then went to work. When Emery woke up his complaints where pretty much the same. I decided to take him back to dr. Our doctors office has Sat. appointments available so we went there. Again the dr. noticed the issues but not sure what would cause this all the sudden.
 I brought Emery home. Some of the boys where with Their dad and when he brought them home Emery was sad he had no way (no energy) to go to the store to get food for my surprise mothers day meal. The little boys decided they would see if their dad would take them to the store. He agreed to. So armed with Emerys list and cash, my little ones headed off to do some grocery shopping. The boys had me relax on the couch with a book while they went to cooking. I was so happy to see them all working together. Poor Emery was trying his best to do it, (hes my little chef) but he got all the boys happily helping. They even planned waiters for me. (how cute is that?) we had pizza, French fries, pomagranates, and ice cream sandwiches. Emery told me he had planned to grill me something but decided with the way he was feeling he wanted something easier to make. We even had sparkling apple cider. It was wonderful.. How blessed am I?
 
 

The boys did all that the night before mothers day. With church on Sunday they wanted to have a little more time for it. Oh did I mention they even had candle light? Mothers day night was pretty sleepless again, Emery was still not feeling well. It was hard for me to sleep, constantly checking on him. I had planned on taking the kids for a picnic to pioneers park today for mothers day but I believe we will be spending a more relaxing day at home. Im ok with that.
This is the book I'm reading now.  It's very good and I'm working on spending a lot more time praying for my kids. Being a kid is hard, being a kid facing everything we have been through....well that's a lot for anyone. I realize that there is so much I want for my kids. A life filled with God. I want them to be saved by the grace of God, to be free of sexual sins, to be free of any drug or alcohol or any other addictions, to have God centered marriages and homes, to not lie, to ...... well you get the picture the list goes on and on. Its overwhelming. I realize the greatest was to help me in raising these kids, is to rely on the help of their heavenly father. He will never leave us or forsake us. This is a truth the kids kind of struggle with. I try to regularly remind them that no matter what, God is always there for us. I'm trying to come up with a new prayer journal just for my prayers for the boys. But so far I still just write them in my normal prayer journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment