Monday, May 6, 2013

More reasons to forgive...

Forgiveness.... yup more on this topic. can you tell I have been studying it a lot? well here is the newest reasons to forgive.
Here is some of the devastating effects of unforgiveness:
-when we refuse to forgive, we are disobedient to Gods word
-we open a door for satan to start all kinds of trouble in our life
-we hinder the flow of love towards others
-our faith is blocked and our prayers are hindered
-we are miserable and lose our joy
-are attitudes are poisoned and we spew the poison onto everyone we meet




1Peter 3:9-12
Not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a BLESSING instead; for you where called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For the one who desires life, to love and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and do good. he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Ok here we go: Not returning evil for evil or insult for insult but giving a BLESSING instead. (capitals are mine not in real text)
This is hitting me today; I can not just pray for John and this woman, for their salvation. (which actually has a hidden meaning for myself, if they where to get saved they would realize the sin and see this act for what it really is) But I need to also play they would be blessed. UGH, This may not be an easy one but I feel like it is the next step. If God says it then there is a reason. Its what He calls me to do. I will not dwell on why I don't want to or how hard it is for me but will realize I must do it and do it with a happy heart.

An issue came up today where I was put on the spot with John, I could have been very angry and bitter towards him for how his actions are affecting the boys. I instead have decided to work through the issues with the boys. Use my energy to train up the boys and not to try to get John to feel guilty for how his actions have hurt our children. Oh how my heart hurts for my kids. Lord please guard the hearts and minds of these amazing children. Mine as well as the other children out there facing the same events in life.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's obviously two sides to this story. I think you should focus on yourself and your own sin and you will have your hands full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh look. Another A$$ being an A$$....guess they all run in the same cirle!! Your ex fits right in with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Ms. Jenny Goring (Know-it-all), you should ALSO keep your mouth shut. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete