Thursday, May 2, 2013

"pick me"

Im so loving the neighbor kids. We have a great family 2 doors down whom happens to be great friends with Megan (Daltons buddy from church)  They are the sweetest and the boys are looking forward to much more outside play time when the weather warms up.
Bronson was seen carrying this around and stated "This is how I will ask a girl to marry me, I will open this box and say pick me!" I loved it, I sure hope we remember to make sure he does do this. I realized the other day that I am raising 5 guys to be someone's husband. Im training them for another woman. Although I hate that saying, it puts in perspective some things we must work on. Im going to have the boys start praying for me. Also for their future wife as I want it to be a habbit to always pray for her. We will work harder on them opening the doors for me and other ladies and on showing kindness. I have also decided to have them help more with the budget, thus training them for this. Man sometimes mothering seems so overwhelming. I pray that God will use what I teach them and then fill in the gaps?????? Yes I have started praying for the boys way more then ever.
 This goes with my post from the other day but I just love it. Im still working very hard on forgiveness. I still seem to have mean and angry thoughts pop into my head but I am really working at stopping them when they occur. I have been praying for the very people that I am angry towards. It is helping and I must say refreshing to not let me sit and dwell on the thoughts that just cause bitterness. I even find myself stopping when tempted to think and say unkind words. Again Im sure no one would blame me for the things I want to say and think but I am not using this world as my ruler to measure up against. I want to handle this above and beyond. I sometimes wonder why God wanted the boys and I to face this. I know of many others that would be so much better exmaples as they face this. But I love the saying "God trusted us with this pain now what are we going to do with it" He trusted me with finding out the truth, He trusted me with the pain and emotions that come with finding out your husband had an affair. He not only trusted me but this is part of His plan for our family and I trust Him that good will come of it and glory for Him. May I be able to have my kids look at me and be proud of the example I showed them through this trial.

My bible study tools (pink of course) I found these notecards at walgreens. The bottom of the pages are color coded. I have a section for forgiveness, one for anxiety, one for joy, one for verses that pertain to parenting and there is still a section or two undecided yet. I write verses that I want to memorize or just keep close. The pen is also a highlighter and has those fun little tabs to stick on the edge of the paper. Then I have taken sticky notes and added notes in my room. Things like JOY:Jesus, others you. If I am unhappy its my own fault because I can choose not to be. Are my words kind, truthful, necessary. I plan to put them more around the house also as I have spotted more then one child reading them on my wall. Yes some of this is so simple and should be normal, but Im working harder on keeping Christ the center of our home.

Some things on unforgiveness Ive learned: unforgiveness always keeps score, it boast of its good behavior, it complains, it divides, seperates, brings up the offense, resents the blessings of the offender.
Oh may I not lean towards an unforgiving heart but rest in Gods forgiving spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment